Get to Know Mold
Mold isn't always the toxic crazy dangerous mold you hear about. Mold is generally non-toxic and not always harmful. If mold is left unchecked to grow in your home or business it can become harmful in large amounts. Mold already exists in homes just at a microscopic level. When the area experiences water damage from leaks or floods it can trigger the mold to grow. This is when the mold growth can get problematic. Mold spores grow in humid environments. SERVPRO has tips to help prevent mold growth.
- make sure your home's roof is sufficiently protected from rain
- make sure to fix any leaks in your home
- make sure your appliances are not malfunctioning
If you do discover a mold related issue make sure to call SERVPRO.