When you leave pasta noodles hanging out of the pot when you are boiling water, You are leaving yourself in danger of having a kitchen fire. Protect yourself. Leave the noodles in the pot. The noodles here cough fire and nearly burned down the kitchen and the apartment building. The electric stove does not lose heat immediately and the more noodles that landed on the stove also spread the fire. This home owner Quickly put out the fire with a fire extinguisher. The home owner called SERVPRO right away. SERVPRO was dispatched the same day. By the end of the week this apartment was back to normal.